Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Merry Christmas, a bit early!!!

Here is another Christmas card I was playing around with. I seen a card like this on SCS and just had to try my own. My card base is Riding Hood Red cut at 5 1/4". I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink. I layered the Holiday Treasures striped designer series paper on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock cut to 5" square. I made the envelope flap from the Small Pennant Banner Big Shot Die cut. I made the base from Chocolate Chip cardstock and the Pointsetta ds paper to layer on top. The "Do Not Open Until Dec 25" is stamped in Riding Hood Red and is from the Winter Post set from the Holiday Mini Catalog. I just LOVE this set. I stamped the "Merry Christmas" also in Riding Hood Red and that stamp is from Christmas Classics from the Big Catalog. The challenge I made this card for was to make a card with a minimum of 5 layers. I made this card for a SCS challenge called VSN Mini which is for Virtual Stamp Night. The Mini means its a warm up challenge for the Main Event that will be held on November 14 & 15th. Virtual Stamp Night is challenges posted every hour on Friday night and Saturday. All of the challenges revolve around a theme. This upcoming VSN's theme is the CABARET. You can find all about VSN by clicking here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=387940 Thanks for stopping by!!!

1 comment: